Sunday, June 24

Who is the newsbie?

Tonight, as per usual, I missed the beginning of the news. And what a grave error this turned out to be.

No Mahendra. No Tsepiso. No Joanne.

But instead, there was a bright young thing, cute as a button, and I wondered if perhaps she'd wandered into the news studio by mistake, on her way to a casting for Generations. Obviously highly implausible that Generations would be casting at seven on a Sunday evening, but I can think of no other explanation.

However, because of my general tardiness, I have no idea as to her name. Could any readers possibly enlighten me? Until I know her preferred moniker, I shall simply refer to her as 'the newbie', or rather, 'the newsbie'.

The newsbie was wearing a jacket that seemed a reddish-pink to me, although a fellow Mahendra watcher preferred to describe it as a dark coral. Underneath was an aubergine shirt. I am still undecided as to whether I like the colour combination, but have to give her full marks for a bold beginning to her newsreading career.

The collar of her shirt was somewhat sheepishly hidden beneath her jacket, and I couldn't tell whether this was evidence of a latent shy streak in her personality or was in fact an audacious comment on Tsepiso's collar debacle of last night.

The other question that must be considered is whose place the newsbie has usurped. My money would be on Joanne's, as she has been awfully scarce of late.

I await the bulletins this week with great anticipation. In fact, nothing on the news has interested me quite so much since the last time Mahendra paid homage to the Northern Lights.

PS - Also, I forgot, the newsbie's hair was in corn rows. Very trendy for a newsreader. Perhaps, if we are lucky, she shall change hairstyles as often as the Raghunath changes ties?

2 comments:

TM said...

Cannot make sense of this post - even with google translation - something about personalised T-shirts? Has Mahendra's Ties made it big, ie have we been hit with Spanish spam?!

RK said...

Mmm, a T-shirt, imagine, with a Mahendra tie on it... you know, in that classic style of t-shirts with bow-ties.