Monday, June 11

Chronicles of the divided loyalties of a SABC3 newswatcher

My, my, my, but wasn't she radiant tonight. Ms. Makwetla just beamed into my lounge all smiles and bushy-tailed and bright and all. Little technical glitches were side-stepped with aplomb and my dear Tsepiso just kept on smiling and reading, reading and smiling. And she lit up with several more megawatts as she introduced the story of the 2010 countdown clock at OR International - so bright was she that I was surprised that there was no 'outtage'.

Her verve did much to distract me from her sartorial vicissitudes, which continue unabated, much like the continuous cold fronts rolling like mass action across the Cape, or Paris Hilton's long dark and cold prison term. A dark jacket with a tinge of rust was fine and smart, but a necklace with large amber-coloured beads, and a darn blouse that looks like pajamas, with a little string tie... That just didn't do it for me, and while the sparkle of her reporting might be said to rival the Raghunath's, it must be noted that she nervously tugged at a pen by far not as elegant as the one twirled by the latter while saying goodbye.

It is cold. Stay in and stay warm.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Do you think Simon the Weatherman has only one shirt? When was the last time he was spotted in something other than that dreary grey shirt of his?