Monday, June 4

Old school ties

Apologies for a weekend of no TV.

I was attending a school reunion, where in between bunking chapel, sneaking off for a smoke break, and quelling the return of teenage angst by drinking a fair amount of whiskey, I also kept my eye out for any Mahendra-worthy ties.

There was a valiant attempt by a friend of mine, who sported a tie with a geometric design in black, white and green, but it just wasn't loud enough; it simply didn't scream "Mahendra!"

The rest of my contemporaries are as mainstream as they ever were, or at least putting on a jolly good show of it; although many ties were worn, they were uniformly innocuous.

Bring on the news tonight - I need my Mahendra fix!

1 comment:

TM said...

While I was gadding about on Friday night, a friend of mine was dutifully watching the news, and sent me an SMS, which I have only now remembered about...

Since we don't have any other record of Mahendra's outfit on Friday, I thought I should post it:
"Mahendra's tie seems more demure today. However, at closer glance, it looks like a graphic for a washing powder! Generally a more blended look."