Sunday, June 24

Back-to-school blues

In between various weekend engagements, I remembered to flick on the television early Saturday evening. Alas, I was disappointed, for the Raghunath was not reading, and instead I was presented with Ms Makwetla, who seemed to be attempting to revisit her school days.

Her light blue, open-collar shirt sat oddly, as the large collar simply enveloped the jacket (or should I say ' blazer?) that she wore over it. I thought the string of beads she wore was pretty and delicate, but they did nothing to save viewers from the ghastly shirt. Altogether the effect was messy, insecure, and unkempt: Tsepiso would not have received the deportment badge if she'd attended my school.

In my opinion, she'd be advised to follow Mahendra's example, and wear a tie next time she opts for a shirt with a collar.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've heard about your blog for quite some time now, but only chanced upon it today.

It's classic!

I don't think I'll ever be able to watch a news presenter without looking at their ties in the future!!

TM said...

Hey Eric - thanks for your support! I hope you'll become a regular reader, and please do tell all your friends about the very important work we're doing at the cutting edge of sartorial commentary...