Sunday, May 20

Random Mahendra fact

Although my sojourn in the big smoke was all too brief, I did so hope I would have a real live sighting of Mahendra.

No, I didn't spend the weekend hanging out at the SABC studios but, as I walked past Tie Stop in Sandton city, I thought I might be in with a chance.

No Mahendra spotted though, and I had to make do with a vicarious encounter. It transpires that a fellow Mahendra connoisseur, one of my theatre companions on Saturday evening, served the man himself at a restaurant a few years ago...

"What did he eat?" I asked breathlessly.
"I don't know," she replied.

Undaunted, I pressed on with my interrogation.
"Was he wearing a tie?"
"I don't remember," she said. "It was a long time ago."

Surely there was something that would jog her memory?
"Did he leave a good tip?" I ventured.
"Yes, he did," she acknowledged, but that was all she had to say on the matter.

At least we know Mahendra isn't stingy. Perhaps he should put some of his salary towards hiring a new personal shopper?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good post.