Sunday, May 27

Mahendra - the red peril?


Tonight I sighted Mahendra's new haircut for the first time; it certainly brings out his inner schoolboy, and highlights the naughty twinkle in his eye.

The Raghunath was sporting a dark jarket of indeterminate hue, a white/off-white shirt, and a bold red tie. The tie was printed with white circle-like graphics, which looked like 'tribal swirls', as a fellow Mahendra watcher astutely observed.

Watching the insert about the untimely death of Percy Sonn, I was delighted to see the late Percy also had a fetish for brightly coloured ties. Archival footage showed him wearing one with broad stripes in hues of pink, gold, green and blue. Perhaps he was Mahendra's original style guru?

Normally I put down my pen during the inserts, but they seemed ripe for interpretation tonight. During the piece about the striking workers, I couldn't help but notice the many red banners carried by members of Nehawu.

The workers with red banners. Mahendra with a red tie. Could this be a subtle signal to his many admirers? Will he be running for president on a trade union ticket?

I had to switch off the television before my imagination got the better of me. Apologies to the weatherman: I will make an extra-special note on your attire the next time I tune in...

5 comments:

Es said...

I thought that I would leave evidence that I have added to the much-discussed popularity of this delightful site...and am shocked to hear that Mahendra's had a haircut and I HAVEN'T EVEN SEEN IT. Situation to be addressed soonest.

RK said...

S, I am sorry to hear about your distress. The previous post may go some way towards relieving it. That's his new haircut.

RK said...

Is that a red tie, or pomegranate? Or is my TV's colour out?

Anonymous said...

On my television it looked rather pomegranate, but then again I was a bit befuddled by the purple "radio signals" that emanated from it.

TM said...

It looked red to me, at the time... Perhaps not *quite* as red as the flags though. We will have to calibrate our television sets!