Monday, April 9

OMFG Live! - be those bedroom eyes?

Ok, I can't decide whether tonight it was a black or navy blue jacket and whether it was a white or powder blue shirt. If it was black jacket and powder blue or light blue shirt then I have to give Mr. Mahendra two thumbs - black and blue... you can't go wrong. The tie, while not exuberant, refused yet to be sober: stripes in shades of blue, perhaps a thinner one of silver grey, a quarter inch broad white stripe and perhaps an imperceptable pinstripe of gold in that white band. And then of course knotted in that smug Windsor knot wide as Westminster. I glimpsed old Riaan Cruywagen the other night - sober sober sober, like the news. Sober jacket, sober tie, authoritative newsreader.

But OMFG absolutely Live! At some point our man Mahendra introduced another story and with a twitch of the lip a la Riaan, instantaneously looked out at South Africa with bedroom eyes. I swear. Thank the goddess it only lasted half a second. I wonder whether Mahendra watches Riaan at all? Could he maybe ask the master (I mean, thirty years in the business) for some tie tips?

All in all, there was a blue sheen around our man in Jo'burg, a blue-black sheen which compelled me with much force to keep on watching the news.

No comments: