Thursday, March 15

No Mahendra!

Damn, my first opportunity to report Live! on Mahendra's sartorial misapprehensions thwarted tonight. Rain during play at the cricket World Cup meant a short news bulletin tonight, at about 7.25. But there was no Mahendra; instead, news was read by someone in an orange blouse. Will there be a later, longer bulletin, with Mahendra at the helm?

Unfortunately, I will be out, and won't be able to report. Can't bother to set the VCR for a news bulletin that may or may not happen. I have to admit, though, that starting my Mahendra-watch during the cricket World Cup was a bit ill-timed.

Is it fawn? Is it khaki?

Well, there was Simon Gear providing the weather forecast and coming to you Live! I can tell you that he's wearing a jacket that is the same colour as the stubble on his head. Is it fawn? Is it khaki? You tell me. Underneath, a nondescript cream shirt (I guess they probably call it something fucking fancy nowadays, like custard-apple or something. Jesus!) and a silver (! or is it grey? Still...!) tie. Modest knot. Good for you Simon.

Tags:

No comments: